DHEA or dehydroepiandosterone is a hormone that declines from age 30 in men and women and is responsible for much of the aging process. Wrinkles, loss of muscle tone, weight gain, memory issues, arthritis and pain, cardiovascular disease have all been linked to low DHEA and oral supplements are absorbable and may reverse several aspects of the aging process.
About DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone)
- DHEA is a steroid hormone produced from cholesterol by the adrenal glands. It is the most abundant steroid in the bloodstream and is present at even higher levels in brain tissue.
- DHEA is a precursor to many steroid sex hormones, including estrogen and testosterone. With age, DHEA production declines usually peaking between the ages of 25-30 and gradually falling to a decline of 90% by age 60.
How DHEA works
DHEA seems to support IGF-1 levels (insulin growth factor) and support decreased levels of cortisol. IGF-1 is the hormone or growth stimulating metabolite produced by the metabolism of HGH, and is responsible for the beneficial effects of elevated human growth hormone. Cortisol is a stress hormone (HGH). With aging there is a decline in DHEA and an elevation of cortisol. High and prolonged levels of cortisol in the bloodstream (like those associated with chronic stress) have been shown to have negative effects such as:
- Impaired cognitive performance and suppressed thyroid function
- Blood sugar imbalances
- Decreased bone density and a decrease in muscle tissue
- Higher blood pressure and lowered immunity
Studies have shown that supplementing with DHEA may benefit:
- the immune system
- blood sugar metabolism and weight management
- brain and bone health
- heart health
- estrogen and testosterone levels
Factors that contribute to low DHEA levels include:
- aging, sugar, nicotine
- caffeine, alcohol, nutritional imbalance
- a vegetarian diet low in cholesterol and healthy fats
- DHEA is available in 1 oz. bottle. Each pump provides 5 mg. There are 150 sprays per bottle.
• Available in a convenient easy to use form
• In a base of sunflower, lecithin, and natural orange flavor
• Soy Free
DHEA is an important adrenal hormone that supports healthy aging. DHEA levels decline with age and adrenal stress. DHEA supports immune system and thyroid function, as well as memory and energy function.
DHEA 25 mg
Each capsule contains:
DHEA (micronized) 25 mg
Other ingredients: vegetable cellulose, vegetable leucine.
Suggested use: As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule 3 times daily, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Warning: If you are pregnant, nursing, have hormone related cancer, taking benzodiazepines or related CNS active drugs or are taking thyroid hormone medication do not take this product without consulting your health care professional first.
Nutrition in the form of diet and nutritional supplements are not an accepted treatment for COVID-19. Nutrition is supportive for overall health and nutrition status. The Center of Disease Control and the Food and Drug Administration do not consider nutritional therapies as a treatment for COVID-19. Your use of nutritional products and information on this website or at IntMedNY.com is for educational purposes only and is not to be considered as medical or health advice.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.